There’s a lot of debate about the role of news on a music station. There are conflicting opinions on whether traditional news should be on any station, but one thing is for sure: information segments on a music station are much different than news on a talk station.
In this article, I’ll share key principles for programming news on a music station. Including:
- Should news be on the station at all?
- How to make sure news is delivering listener expectations.
- How storytelling applies to newscasts.
- The importance of promoting news.
- The role of cast discussion of stories during the newscast.
- This a great example of what news can (should) sound like!