There’s a lot of debate about the role of news on a music station. There are conflicting opinions on whether news in the traditional sense should be on any station at all. But one thing is for sure: If the news is on a music station, it’s much different than news on a talk station.
In this article, I’ll share key principles for programming news on a music station. Including:
- Should news be on the station at all?
- How to make sure news is delivering listener expectations.
- How storytelling applies to newscasts.
- The importance of promoting news.
- The role of cast discussion of stories during the newscast.
- A great aircheck for what news can sound like!