Most stations provide information segments. It may be a formal newscast, sports update, or entertainment news. Effective writing is the difference between a boring segment and one that holds (and attracts) listeners. Here are some tips for writing better news stories.
This article is about writing better news stories for radio performers. Including:
- The entry point is the gateway to the story.
- How to write the way you speak…not the way you read.
- Who, What, When, Where, and Why are important elements. But which is most important?
- How to make the story come alive with colorful action words.
- Making the story personal is the key to causing listeners to care.
- This simple writing tip is the single most important.