For the right type of show, stunts can be a big attraction. Executed properly, they add drama and can make for great viral video through social media. This list of minor stunts for cast members can be a great starting point for your show.
This article contains a large list of stunts that can be used by radio shows or stations. Many can be adapted for April Fool’s Day pranks.
How To Use This List of Stunts
These are all good starting points for a show or station. There are several ways to use this list:
- A small promotion for a morning show, especially if one cast member is the designated Stunt person.
- Expand the stunt to a larger promotion or part of a series of small promotions.
- Adapt it as an April Fool’s stunt.
- Launch the stunt as an off-air video stunt to get attention on social media.
The one caution is NOT to use the list without putting the ideas in context.
For radio shows, here are some ways to adapt it:
- Pay off a bet between cast members, with the loser having to perform the stunt.
- Assign a stunt to a specific cast member. They do a stunt each week.
- Theme it with a quarterly Dare Week. Each show member performs a stunt each morning for a week.
Minor Stunts Involving Individuals
- Take a bite from a stranger’s sandwich off their plate in a restaurant. Then a bit of a side…then for a drink to wash it down….sit down with them…see if they want to share a dessert, etc. How far can you go?
- Convince a man (stranger) to dye his hair blonde (pay him if needed), then do it for him instantly.
- Ask someone of the opposite sex to switch clothes with you.
- Try to draw on someone’s face with a pen without them knowing it (a guy sleeping in a park).
- Try to talk strangers into kissing you.
- Ask a stranger to let you look through their phone for 2 minutes.
- Strike up a conversation, then keep imitating a celebrity.
- Try to get someone to slap you on the face
- Ask a stranger to close your eyes and hold out your hands. Do funny things to them.
- Admit an embarrassing truth to a stranger, and ask them for advice.
- Ask someone to listen to your new one-minute stand-up comedy routine and give you advice.
- Ask someone to help you write a rap/hip hop song, but just can’t get the next line. Give them the previous line and ask for ideas.
- Start a conversation while eating peanut butter from a jar with a spoon.
- Ask if someone will tickle you, or if you can tickle them.
- Offer free flossing as a promotion for a new dentist.
- Walk up to a stranger, and sing happy birthday to them, as a “gift from your friend Jill”.
- Beg strangers to apply your makeup or lipstick, etc.
- Ask someone to give you a wedgie.
- Ask strangers to audition for a role in a movie. The audition is to imitate a chicken AND a horse at the same time.
- Stop random strangers and say ‘I hate you’. If they talk to you, start telling them all the reasons why, in great detail, as if you know them.
- Ask people if you can try and lift them to prove how strong you are.
Public Stunts In Groups Or Crowds
- Dance with no music playing. Ask a stranger to dance with you.
- Talk a bakery into giving you a free donut.
- Take a megaphone to a busy, large store and make odd announcements to shoppers.
- Handcuff yourself to a structure in a public location with the keys on the ground a few feet away. Tell strangers police left you there after being caught for shoplifting. Try to get them to give you the keys.
- Dress like a prison inmate (with the orange jumpsuit). Add shackles and handcuffs. Go into a hardware store and ask to borrow a hacksaw. (Be careful with this one. A station ended up receiving a fine and jail time when the hardware store called the police).
- (If a male) Dress up like a woman and visit a gynecologist for a check-up.
- Go into Starbucks. Tell them you’ve never had coffee before and want to try a double espresso. Take one sip and go berserk, yelling random phrases like “Remember the Alamo! Who’s Your Daddy! Yee-Haw!”. Jump up on the counter and beat your chest and let out a Tarzan yell, etc.
- Sell a piece of trash on the street using a sales voice.
- Suck one of your toes in public.
- Conduct an opinion poll in your best president impression voice.
- Pound on your chest and act like a gorilla for one minute
- Start a conversation but you have to sing everything you say.
- Order fast food in the personality of a Disney character.
- Go to the bathroom in a restaurant, lock yourself in a stall, then call their number asking for more toilet paper. Wait a couple of minutes and call again for more.
- Call or go into a restaurant and order one of everything on the menu, one at a time.
- Go into Starbucks and tell them you’ve never had coffee before, and would like to try a double espresso. After one sip, go berserk: “Yeehaw! Who’s your daddy! Remember the Alamo! Get a car, no money down!!
- Try and negotiate with homeless people asking for money.
Non-Public Minor Stunts
- Try to drink a glass water while standing on your hands or head (or just upside down).
- Play a song on by slapping your butt cheeks until someone guesses the song.
- Give someone on the show a phone and let them send one text to anyone in your contacts.
- Drink a small cup of a concoction that the group makes.
- Make up a 30-second opera about a person or people in the group and perform it.
- Wearing only your underwear, roll on a floor covered with mousetraps.
These minor stunts are a great start. There are many more possibilities. Brainstorm new ideas as a group. It can be a lot of fun! Send some of those inspired ideas along to add to our list at [email protected]