The Big But Syndrome is a real thing. No, it’s not the trap guys get from women when they ask how they look in this outfit or these jeans. It’s the same consideration dog owners give to their pets.
In this article, I share insights into how programmers and managers can avoid making mistakes with every talent. Including:
- The Big But syndrome identified and explained.
- The difference between coaching and evaluation.
- Building a strong coaching relationship.
- How to provide feedback without the Big But.
- Handing out unconditional praise and rewards.