Listener contributions make radio shows better, but they can also bring the show to a grinding halt if not used properly. Some personalities are so excited to get a caller, they try to figure out a way to get them on, even if the story is marginal or worse. Others think callers eat into talk time and seem to regard the callers with scorn. But at the end of the day, the criteria should be simple: Someone has to decide if a call should be on the radio.
This article helps personalities understand whether a call should be on the radio. Including:
- How to determine if a call should be on the radio.
- Quantity is not nearly as important as quality.
- Knowing when the call is over and it’s time to move on.
- Text messages vs. phone calls.
- Hot takes vs. stories.
- Key to great calls – asking for them properly.
- How to manage the conversation.