Many radio stations strive for success by manipulating stop sets to allow for longer commercial-free sweeps in the market’s most listened-to quarter hours. Does it work? Well, there are pros and cons. But this commercial-free strategy works and could be a great option to consider.
In this article, I share a strategy for promoting commercial-free programming. Including:
- The circumstances in which a no commercials sweep makes sense.
- How to leverage a commercial-free sweep.
- How to perform within a no commercial sequence.
- Getting out of the sweep smoothly.
- Where to redistribute commercials.