Many radio stations build a strategy around being “the most music”, but that claim doesn’t hold up when listeners compare stations against other forms of entertainment. Even commercial-free tactics don’t hold up against streamers that are always commercial-free. That’s why broadcasters need to rethink the strategy.
This article explains how to set up a commercial-free strategy for a music-based station. Including:
- Should stations try to compete for “fewer commercials”?
- The dark side of a commercial-free strategy.
- Does it work for high-profile personality shows?
- Who should do it…and who should not.
- A radical idea regarding promoting it.
- Best practices for stations implementing this strategy.