A lot of programmers aren’t going to like this, and many won’t agree with it, mostly because they don’t want to agree with it. It’s about how to program new music, one of the most controversial topics in radio programming.
In this article, I explore details and guidelines to program new music effectively on the radio. Including:
- The audience’s real appetite for new music.
- Defining what new music really is, according to listeners.
- The role and risks of new music on the radio.
- Tips on how to choose new songs for airplay.
- Ideas for how to celebrate new songs when they’re played.