One of the most overlooked aspects of storytelling is the use of dialogue. Most radio personalities never really consider it. We think of dialogue as the lines spoken in a theatrical performance, movie, book, or TV show. But it’s a critical tool of a narrative story as well. And narrative stories are a big part of what radio personalities do each day!
In this article, you’ll discover how to use dialogue as a tool for entertaining listeners and creating more dramatic moments in storytelling. Including:
- How to use quotes effectively.
- How to quote key moments to build character.
- Knowing how much dialogue is just right…and how much is too much.
- When to use it…and when not to.
- Best Practices for mastering this technique.