If you’re like most people, you’re a human being. How’s that for an opening line that is inarguable? Being human means you’re biased. That doesn’t make you a bad person. It just means you are, indeed, human. But when it comes to coaching air personalities, familiarity bias is one of the most difficult challenges to overcome.
This article explains how radio programmers can avoid familiarity bias to be more effective with talent. Including:
- What is familiarity bias?
- How it affects programming decisions.
- Why personal relationships often get in the way of good coaching.
- How to have a good attitude toward talent even if you don’t like them.
- Winning the battle to remain objective.