In difficult times, heartfelt reactions to tragedy can set personalities apart from anything else on the dial. In fact, it separates personality brands from any other medium. While everyone is talking about what happened, radio talent can stand out by sharing emotionally.
In this article, you’ll get examples of how radio stations and personalities have created a dynamic presence through appropriate promotion and presentation, including:
- Keys to success in making heartfelt emotional pleas.
- A 9/11 promotion that was very hard to listen to, but had a whole market talking.
- How Kyle and Jackie O. provoked a strong listener response by stepping slightly out of character.
- How to connect with a local market when an unexpected tragedy happens in a community.
- An example of how to React to Now when the opportunity arises.