Finding the right combination of music and talk is a non-scientific task. Break length and music count are issues nearly every programmer wrestles with. How long talk breaks should be is one of the most discussed topics on nearly every station with personalities.
In this article, I share the strategy for balancing music and talk on the air Including:
- How long talk breaks should be.
- Being tight has nothing to do with being short – and vice versa.
- 6 tips on how to find the right length of a break for any radio show.
- How to let out the leash gradually as talent grows.
- An effective strategy for adjusting break length without disrupting listeners.