Executives, programmers, and personalities at tens of thousands of radio stations invest millions of dollars to win the ratings battle. Countless hours are spent obsessing about every detail. To win the Ratings Game, you must understand The Ratings Game. But do you know how radio ratings work?
This article is about the basics of how radio ratings work. Including:
- Ratings Methodoligies: Diary vs. PPM.
- Compensation paid to ratings respondents.
- How respondents are recruited to participate.
- Problems with the ratings sample.
- How stations earn listening credit.
- What is in the ratings report?
- Why the ratings are important.