It’s odd how some program directors and air personalities place relatively low value on content that isn’t originated locally. It happens in several categories, including group contests. Like it or not (and many programmers are solidly in the “not” camp), group contests are here to stay. And for good reason. They work, as long as they’re managed and promoted well.
This article is about how to take advantage of group contests for local gain. Including:
- The popularity of group contests.
- Mistakes many stations make when executing group contests.
- A case study of stations doing it wrong…and right.
- Best practices for managing group contests.
- 5 steps to getting greater value with this strategy.