The Human Christmas Tree is great fun for a show that has an intern, stunt person, or cast member that’s a little wacky. It can also be used to pay off a bet or challenge!
This article explains The Human Christmas Tree. Including:
- Execution Tips.
- Options and Alternatives
The Human Christmas Tree
First, get a Christmas tree costume. Buy one at Forever 21 here.
Or make your own from a real or artificial tree by carving out the back 1/4 or 1/3 of the tree. That creates space to go into the center of the tree. It won’t be comfortable, but it will be highly effective.
Then, dress up the character and put them on the street, in public, wrapped in lights and garland.
That’s when it gets fun. There are a lot of things to do with the idea.
- Listeners are invited to bring ornaments to decorate the tree.
- Offer an incentive:
- Everyone who puts an ornament on the Human Christmas Tree gets a small prize (a special occasion t-shirt or ornament?) and is qualified to win a larger prize, perhaps a hot gift item.
- Or, to put on an ornament, they must donate to the show’s Christmas cause. They then can put their name on an ornament and hang it on the tree.
- If it’s a real tree, hide in the center and scare people by shaking the tree, talking to them, or throwing things from inside. Make sure to hide a video camera (with audio) to get their reaction.
- Hide gifts under the tree, or in the tree. Listeners have to reach in to get a gift. When they do, snap at them or smack their hand.