There’s a virus at radio stations and personality shows all over the world. Left untreated, it threatens to destroy listener connection. It starts slowly. Most don’t even notice it. Gradually, day by day, break by break, it kills audience engagement, leaving the personality to die a slow, painful on-air death. The disease is IMEWEUS.
In this article, I’ll explain IMEWEUS, the over-use of personal pronouns that cause personalities to lose impact in performance. Including:
- Defining IMEWEUS and it’s destructive impact.
- How to recognize the symptoms.
- The subtle ways personalities fall into the IMEWEUS trap.
- How to cure this disease in three easy steps.
- Examples from real-life personalities.