What is the most important trait of an air personality? The answer: It’s being likable. Genuinely likable. A spirit of likability transcends everything else. Likable people are good-natured. That’s also the spirit of improv. And the spirit of improv is based on the principle of Listen and Respond.
In this article, I explain Listen and Respond, with details on how to develop those skills. Including:
- How Listen and Respond adds to an image of being good-natured.
- The arch-enemy of this concept: EGO.
- Why personalities that want to be wonderful in a break will fail.
- Air talent trying to shine the spotlight on themselves turn in to attention pigs.
- How to apply the Spirit of Improv on the air.