How many times have you listened to, read or watched entertainment and summarized it with, “That was okay”? It doesn’t stand out. It isn’t special. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t a can’t miss moment. In other words, it wasn’t worth the time invested. Often, the missing ingredient is friction. Personality radio without friction is boring.
In this article, I’ll explain the difference between conflict and friction and share why friction is far more important. Including:
- Why conflict is hard to listen to and friction is hard to turn off.
- How to generate friction on the air.
- Why friction doesn’t happen as much as it could…or should.
- A great example of friction with Hot 96.9/Boston’s Get Up Crew.
- Quick tips on how to produce more friction on the air.