Why do radio stations offer promotions and contests? After all, the vast majority of listeners come for entertainment elements, don’t they? It’s about the music, information or personality. True. But radio contests work because of the type of people who are radio contest players.
In this article, I reveal information gathered from multiple research companies that prove radio contest players are ratings respondents. Including:
- Data from Alan Burns that shows ratings respondents dramatically more active in radio contests.
- Information that shows ratings respondents listen to stations they don’t even like to play a contest.
- How radio contests drive listener behavior.
- The overwhelming power of effective radio contests on ratings.
- Action steps for stations to capitalize on contest players.