Everything on the radio should be designed to appeal to emotions. That isn’t a big surprise, because we all make choices based on emotions, not facts. But how about contests and promotions? Listen to most radio giveaways and it doesn’t take long to realize they’re generally robotic and mechanical.
In this article, I explain how to design radio contests that appeal to emotions. Including:
- How to design a contest of appeals to greed.
- Why do play along factor is everything in radio contest promotion.
- Believe it or not, successful contests are not about the prize or incentive.
- The importance of entertainment value in an on-air promotion.
- Why trivia contests and games are an important factor in contests.