Most radio stations are not aggressive enough. Attracting listeners to become loyal fans of a station or radio show demands a creative approach to recruiting fans. It’s not a simple matter of eliminating things listeners dislike. It’s finding things they love. We need to do a better job of attracting tune in.
In this article, I outline six things that cause tune in on the radio. Including:
- How to bring listeners back day after day with branded features.
- The power of playing along with contests and games.
- Why commanding attention at the beginning of a break is key to success.
- The careful balance of delivering expectations with a surprise.
- Why does it make any difference how good you are if you are not authentic.
- The most valuable attribute to cause tune in of all.