Social media and digital marketing is one of the most contentious areas in nearly every radio station. Stations know they need a presence, but often fail to establish standards to guide how the brand is represented. That’s why every station needs a clear social media policy.
In this article, I share the important aspects of how to develop a social media policy for radio stations. Including:
- Identifying the stakeholders responsible for execution.
- How to choose which platforms to specialize in.
- Defining the station’s online behavior standards.
- The process of approving content.
- The role of air personalities.
- How to set up a training program.