“Why are you going to the radio station so early? Don’t you guys just get on there and improvise?” You’ve probably heard this in some form. Improvisation is no substitute for preparation, but improv skills like “Yes and” can be one of the most useful skills a personality develops.
In this article, I show you how to use the improv skill of Yes And to enhance on-air performance. Including:
- What it means to perform with a Yes And approach.
- How Yes And can improve your radio show.
- The concept of Acknowledge-Accept-Add.
- Applying Yes And off the air can add to personal likability
- How to avoid dead end responses with open questions and conversation.