On the morning after nearly every award show, and in some cases, when nominations come out, personalities send listeners rushing for the tune-out button. Shows review the winners and losers and listeners tune out because they already know or they don’t care. Most awards shows are somewhat relevant, so it’s a fine topic. But they’re not nearly as popular as in the past, so how you talk about it is more important than. ever. Here are ideas for how to sound the day after an awards show.
This article is about how radio shows should sound the day after the awards show. Including:
- The four keys to creating interesting entertainment that goes beyond the results.
- Why the story is almost never about who won or lost.
- How to reflect what listeners are talking about throughout the show-not just in one break.
- The role of prepromotion to gain more credit.
- A classic case study of winning the image for being part of the awards show story.