Many music-based stations air a year-end countdown show. Most of them are ordinary, with little that stands out. It’s almost as if they put them on just to fill a few hours on what is usually considered a “dead” time period for radio. But that’s a mistake. With some sparkle and sizzle, the countdown show can be exciting, and turn into special programming that gets attention.
This article explains best practices for Year-End Countdown Shows. Including:
- When and how often to program the show.
- How many songs should be in the countdown?
- Ideas for producing it to truly stand out.
- Recommendations for getting air talent involved.
- How to crowd-source content to make the countdown interactive.