Photo contests are highly engaging and, when executed properly, they can add a lot of traffic to your website or social media pages. A Cutest Baby or Cutest Kid contest works every time.
In this article, I share the best practices for executing a Cutest Baby or Kid contest. Including:
- Step by step details on how to set it up, host it and get participation.
- The keys to making this contest work.
How to Execute a Cutest Baby Contest
Before launching an online contest, make sure to follow the details on how to execute online photo contests. Go here for the full tutorial.
But for ideas on what to do with your photo contest, here’s one that really can’t miss:
Along with pets, kids make the best subjects for massive traffic to a website. (Your Market’s) Cutest Kid, Cutest Baby or Cutest Pet contest is a winner every time.
They’re also great for sponsor possibilities. Once it’s promoted, the contest will likely spread by word-of-mouth.
But let’s start at the beginning. Find a clever theme and name it something exciting. The more specific, the better. For example, you could name it:
- Most Huggable Kid.
- My Adorable Baby.
- My Best Friend (Pet contest).
- Posable Pets (you and your friend in the same pose).
- Me and My Buddy (you and your kid or pet).
- Scary Kid Faces.
The possibilities are truly endless. Be creative and make it fun.
Add a Caption
Sometimes it helps to ask for captions or a clever line. This can make the contest funny and increases the potential entries being shared.
Most software solutions allow the entrant to put a caption on, or post a series of cute pictures and ask users to submit their own headline.
Note: If hosting a Cute Kid or Cute Baby contest, it’s usually best to manage the comments. Don’t allow direct comments on the entries without an administrator approving it first. Some people are simply cruel, and a baby or kid contest is not a good place for word wars to break out.
- Use professional software! Don’t try to do this on your own. It’s not expensive and makes life much easier and smoother.
- Require an email address in the entry form to build the station database.
- It’s important to have an appropriate prize, but the prize is not the most important thing. The fun of participation and having the winning entry is usually more important than the incentive itself.
- Watch out for cheaters! There are many ways to manipulate online contests. Again, follow the guidelines in the article here.
- To increase participation, here are tips!
Online photo contests are terrific if managed properly. There are many types of online photo contests that can work. But for a sure thing, go with the cutest baby, or adorable kids and pets!