A popular tool for online publishers to attract clicks is creating lists. You see them everywhere: The Top 7 Reasons to Dump Your Mate or 14 Ways to Organize Your Life.
In this article, I will share the reasons lists (and surveys) should be used as inspiration for radio content, not as actual content. Including:
- Why do lists confuse listeners rather than attract them?
- How to convert lists to compelling stories.
- The reason lists usually fail on the air: Spoiler: It violates one of Pixar’s storytelling rules.
- How to convert lists from info(rmation) to emo(tion).
- How to curate a list by narrowing the options.