One of the most difficult decisions for programmers, promotion managers and air talent is timing. Since listeners don’t pay much attention, it’s easy to assume a promotion campaign should be longer. But what about heavy listeners? Do fans who listen more get bored? And if it’s a contest, it could lead to fatigue, especially for those not actively playing. Promotion length is a key factor.
This article explores how long a radio contest or promotion should last. Including:
- How to decide promotion length.
- Size does matter. The bigger the promotion, the longer it an be sustained.
- How some stations fatigue listeners before the promotion even begins.
- The impact of entertainment value on contest length.
- What is promotion weight, and how does it factor into fatigue?
- Options to increase awareness without over promoting on the air.