Isn’t it embarrassing to share a great experience or personal story with friends, and there is no reaction? So you sheepishly mumble something like, “Believe me, it was great. Must be that you had to be there.”
In this article, I’ll share storytelling tips that help listeners feel more connected to the storyteller. Including:
- Why do some stories come off as disconnected as if you had to be there and others are relevant and relatable?
- Three key elements of storytelling to avoid “had to be there”.
- How to connect emotionally in storytelling, no matter what the story is about.
- The key to effective storytelling is simplicity. Here’s what that means.
- A storyteller’s trick is to make sure every break is clear and easy to follow.
- The importance of visualizing a segment before launching it.