Isn’t it embarrassing to share a great experience, and have no reaction? So you sheepishly mumble something like, “Believe me, it was great. Must be that you had to be there.”
In this article, I’ll share storytelling tips that help listeners feel more connected to the storyteller. Including:
- Why some stories come off as disconnected, as if you had to be there.
- Three key elements of storytelling to avoid “had to be there”.
- How to connect emotionally in storytelling, no matter what the story is about.
- The key to effective storytelling is simplicity. Here’s what that means.
- A storyteller’s trick to make sure every break is clear and easy to follow.