It would be nice that every problem had a simple solution, like a cause and effect. Problems would be so easy to trace. But radio programming isn’t like that. It’s more complex. That’s why fixing music rotation problems can be tricky.
In this article, I review the process to fix common music rotation problems. Including:
- The cause of most rotation problems.
- Why creating great clocks is the key to getting rotations right.
- How ideal rotations are just a goal. Real rotations are another matter.
- How to address artist separation problems.
- Pro tips for music rotation issues.