A priority for air personalities should be an intense focus to create unique, original content from their personal lives through observation and storytelling. The problem is most talent doesn’t have the experience, training, or expertise to pull it off well. That’s where program directors can make a huge impact by helping them tell better personal stories.
In this article, I’ll share four coaching tips to help your personalities succeed in this area without creating content that comes off as inside or self absorbed including:
- How to coach successful personal stories.
- Why the entry point (hook) can make or break a story.
- Changing orientation (perspective) changes the story’s impact.
- How to craft an effective external hook to avoid being self-absorbed.
- When and how to use questions as an entry point.