It’s so exciting to hear radio promos that resonate with the audience. The right promo at the right time can enhance a brand, inspire an audience and add entertainment value. But many promos are flat and don’t drive appointments, establish an image or cause listeners to take action. A good promo should have 3 goals.
In this article, I share the 3 goals for every promo. Including:
- How each promo should strive for at least one of three objectives.
- How to move a storyline forward.
- Promos that support or demonstrate a character trait for a personality or brand.
- Why setting an appointment with a clear call to action is more important than ever.
- Examples of effective promos.
- Why Trial should be a primary goal, not just awareness.