Radio stations are at war. Enemies are everywhere. Stations are surrounded by entertainment choices competing for the attention of the same audience. To win, radio stations must engage in verbal combat.
This article explains how to compete for listener attention with verbal combat in promos. Including:
- How radio stations are at war, as evidenced through ratings analysis.
- How promos compete for attention.
- A hilarious example of how promos sound to most casual listeners.
- Understanding the listener world to win the war with verbal combat.
- Examples of great promos that win the war, and do it with personality.