One of the benefits of a content recycling strategy is maintaining a consistent sound, even when personalities are on vacation. Many programmers believe in the strategy of moving talent to the morning show or adding a guest from outside the station. That may be valid for a talk or sports talk station that relies on current breaking news. But in most cases, Best Of Shows are the top choice.
This article explains the best practices for programming Best Of Shows. including:
- Why you should not displace other personalities.
- How to manage vacation schedules on multi-cast shows.
- Pros and cons of a show taking time off together or separately.
- Are Best Of Shows as appealing as a live show?
- Six solid tips for programming shows when talent is off.