One of the benefits of a content recycling strategy is maintaining a consistent sound, even when personalities are on vacation. Many programmers believe in the strategy of moving another talent to the morning show or adding a guest from outside the station. That may be valid for a talk or sports talk stations that rely on up to the minute, breaking news. But for most, I prefer to air Best Of Shows.
This article explains the best practices for programming Best Of Shows. including:
- Why you should not displace other personalities.
- How to manage vacation schedules on multi-cast shows.
- Pros and cons of a show taking time off together or separately.
- Are Best Of Shows as appealing as a live show?
- Six solid tips for programming shows when talent is off.