It’s amazing how radio stations almost always take on the personality traits of the program director. The PD’s character radiates through the brand. That’s not a bad thing, but it introduces challenges in creating a station with character. It’s particularly clear in station promos. Great programmers show their character while delivering marketing messages. It’s a balance of plot vs emotion.
In this article, I share the challenge of crafting effective promos that communicate brand values and drive activity. Including:
- What plot vs emotion means.
- An explanation of a brand’s plt with examples from promo guru Graeme Newell.
- A plot analysis of television promos that can make radio promos better.
- Understanding how emotion fits into the promo.
- Applying plot vs emotion on the air.
- Examples of radio promos that nail it!