It seems that a week rarely goes by without a tragedy in the world. Each affects audiences emotionally and personally. But we can prepare for how to deal with emergencies when they happen.
In this article, I share the basic steps to guide a station or personality brand when reacting to an emergency on the air, including:
- Evaluating how the event impacts your audience and how they use your station.
- Deciding how much time and attention to devote to it.
- The critical decision point: Local Impact.
- How to adjust presentation without changing personality.
- An Emergency Checklist for Broadcasters